Jin and Juice Investments

Who knew investing could be so much fun =D


with 21 comments




Written by jinandjuice2009

May 14, 2009 at 1:10 PM

21 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Alright, so i took your advice in XOMA, and i know you kicked ass in CTIC, but can you give me some websites, analysis, or more info on ULU? I’ll be busy lookin it up.. and Leave the info on ULU’s Google.com/finance discussion board so i can stay organized here. Thanks man, and thank you for suggesting XOMA.


    May 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM

    • No problem.

      I wouldn’t put too much in ULU since they just recently had a huge sell off from Jana, Partners L L C Beneficial Owners (insiders). But they are still generating income and are way undervalued. I only have 7000 shares and will hold for next 3 months and see what develops.



      May 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM

  2. What are your thoughts on CEMJQ?


    May 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM

    • thats a tough call. they seem like a very high risk company specially with that “q” attached to the end sort of scares me. I would steer away from that company but with huge risk comes huge reward. Why did you pick them?


      May 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

      • I made a little bit of money after they announced bankruptcy. Here is a quote from the discussion board on google. “The only reason they went into bk was due to the liquidity crunch and the overall hard times that befell the chemical sector (and indeed most other sectors). Chemtura are only 50% in bk and they never actually defaulted on loans. They voluntarily went into bk to shore up their company.
        They are planning to sell some assets, which should reel in about 700 million to 1 billion in spending money. Of course the DIP financing of $400 million gives them some room to negotiate a fair price. A lot of companies in this economic environment have been forced to sell of assets at fire sale prices. Chemtura had a loan due in July ( I think around the 300 million mark) and there was a liquidity crunch (nobody was lending!). They were between a rock and a hard place and had two options, sell off one of their profitable divisions at fire sale prices or go into voluntary bk. They rightly choose the latter option and now with the $400 million DIP financing in hand, they can shore up the company and proceed forward (i.e emerge form bk). Dow and BASF (chemical companies) recently reported better than expected profits, which of course bodes well for Chemtura. Their current CEO is a master at whipping companies into shape. When he took the reins at Hercules (Ticker symbol:Hero), he pulled the company back from the brink and morphed Hercules into a turnaround success.”
        P.S. I have since sold my shares because I wasn’t sure if the company was going to rebound or not. Let me know if you think it has any real potential. Thanx


        May 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM

  3. Which of these three would you say are has the best bet for approval?



    May 15, 2009 at 3:24 AM

  4. Hi

    What about Sirius, does it worths or not?
    Cheap stock, 🙂



    May 15, 2009 at 10:08 AM

  5. what are your thoughts on CADD. It seems to have a lot of momentum because of a few nice press releases. How high do you think this will go and should I hold it for long term?


    May 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM

  6. Is it too late to invest in HEB on Monday?


    June 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM

    • Nope! HEB is a strong buy as of Monday.


      June 6, 2009 at 10:07 PM

  7. so, is XOMA a sell?
    I got in only at 1.13 so I do not want to take a chance.


    June 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM

    • Hi Kay. Currently, we don’t hold any positions in XOMA. We sold everything yesterday (june 8th) and are waiting to buy back in and increase our number of shares at a lower price. $1.13 is pretty high so if I were you I would probably hold if you bought in at $1.13. Good Luck! -J&J


      June 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM

      • thank you for your prompt reply.
        I am sorry there was an error. I had got in at 1.06 and sold everything this morning.


        June 10, 2009 at 6:00 PM

      • What price did you sell at? What are you planning on getting in at?


        June 10, 2009 at 9:43 PM

      • in fact 1.13 and got my investment back. thanks a lot.

        What is your thoughts on SPNG?

        I do have a small position there. Is it worth getting more?


        June 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM

      • i am looking into GNTA too….


        June 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM

      • hi, i am tired of thanking you!!
        your latest article dated 10th june on HEB is interesting and informative and the Bio Med Report that was attached to it gives more hope on this.


        June 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM

      • for some reason, someone asked me what I thought about SPNG and I stated that it is a pump and dump, now this was back when we had invested in it and it was trading for 1/2 a cent to 2 cents. I couldn’t understand why it was so low and never looked at it again. Now I look and it was at $0.30 and I almost fell out of my chair. If we had kept our shares in SPNG we’d be really happy right now.


        June 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM

  8. can u kindly update me your views on ANX?

    I have purchased at 0.19 abt three months back.


    June 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM

  9. hello
    so where is your new blog?
    pls post your reply
    thanks in advance



    September 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM

  10. DO u have a new blog now?
    Thank you for suggesting ETLY.
    What is the short term target price on this?


    September 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: